PDA

View Full Version : CT school shooting the NRA needs to make a statement

blindshooter
12-16-2012, 07:59 PM
First off may what ever higher power the families of those effected pray to be with them. I'm a member of the NRA and love guns as much as the next person. However I think the NRA needs to make some sort of statement on the issue and stop saying they're waiting for the facts. It's been 48hrs since the shooting and I think it's safe to say we know the facts. 26 people are dead 20 of wich are kids. The weapons used were a glock sig and AR-15 all of wich had multipul mags and were legally registerd to the shooters mother. As for the gunmen he was a 20yr old wack-job now rotting in hell. What mor info does the NRA need? In my opinion the longer they wait to say something the worse it makes the law biteing gun owner look.

norahc
12-16-2012, 10:06 PM
First off may what ever higher power the families of those effected pray to be with them. I'm a member of the NRA and love guns as much as the next person. However I think the NRA needs to make some sort of statement on the issue and stop saying they're waiting for the facts. It's been 48hrs since the shooting and I think it's safe to say we know the facts. 26 people are dead 20 of wich are kids. The weapons used were a glock sig and AR-15 all of wich had multipul mags and were legally registerd to the shooters mother. As for the gunmen he was a 20yr old wack-job now rotting in hell. What mor info does the NRA need? In my opinion the longer they wait to say something the worse it makes the law biteing gun owner look.
Waiting for facts is a good thing. First we were told the .223 was in the trunk of the car, and then hours later, we were told that everyone was shot with a high powered rifle. Who knows what tomorrow's revelation will bring, but I agree that eventually they will need to release a carefully thought out statement.

Going off half-cocked with a rushed statement simply to get one out there will only provide more ammunition for the libs to use to push for more gun control by twisting the statement out of context.

AtomicPunkAR15
12-16-2012, 10:15 PM
I am an NRA member and I believe this is not an issue of us owning guns and our gun rights. It is about having our kids safe. The only reason I own guns is to protect my family and that is why I also have a CCW permit. The government can buy back my guns, but first they have to take the guns away from criminals and everyone that commits these types of shootings. You have to think with an open mind. Not all liberals are anti-gun and not all conservatives are pro-gun.

E1kinobi
12-17-2012, 06:00 AM
I agree with AtomicPunkAR15, i too felt the same way that my only reason for owning and legally conceal carrying one if to protect myself and my loveones. The government should go after criminals guns first before they think of going after my legally acqired and lawfuly owned guns. They can buy it from me half off when they clear the streets of all illegal guns and thugs.

GlassWolf
12-17-2012, 09:23 AM
"the government can buy back my guns"

haha
yeah, with the tax money you paid when purchasing the guns in the first place. In other words, they're refunding you a very small portion of what you paid for them anyway. The government giving people money is exactly how the democrats have stayed in power, and how they will continue to do so. Nobody ever got rich on government cheese, and the government doesn't issue dreams. That said, if you could guarantee me that nobody else had guns, I'd gladly hand mine in as well, although that would make regular range time pretty boring! haha

blindshooter
12-17-2012, 10:16 AM
I completely understand that it's important to have all the facts before makeing a statement. Your correct at first reports wher sketchy. However I thinks it's safe to say we have all the facts that matter for now. All one has to do is go on the CT state police website and get the info from them. I don't know what the media coverage is like in other states but here in NY we cover all major stories in what is known as the tri-state area (NY,NJ,CT) for the past three days every news channel is giveing the same info. If they're all saying the same thing I think the NRA can safely assume the information is accurate. Also when there not paying tribute to the live's lost their slamming the nra for not saying anything. It might actually help if something is put out sooner rather than later.

GlassWolf
12-17-2012, 01:56 PM
...or if not accurate, at least well-coordinated. :)

WeaponsEducation
12-17-2012, 07:34 PM
The NRA has dignity. We will wait for the deceased to be buried. Unlike Bloomberg...

blindshooter
12-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Yes bloomberg hasn't waited to make a statement. and your correct that waiting till everyone is buried to make a statement is a good idea. Yet according to the press here in nyc the nra wont talk to any news outlets and rumer has it they took down their FB page. In the end it's the NRA's decision what they want to do but not saying anything and lyeing low seems a bit rude to them and the longer the nra waits the worse they get bashed by everyone. Its hard to own guns here in ny without getting the third degree. What should we the gun owner do in the mean time?

norahc
12-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Yes bloomberg hasn't waited to make a statement. and your correct that waiting till everyone is buried to make a statement is a good idea. Yet according to the press here in nyc the nra wont talk to any news outlets and rumer has it they took down their FB page. In the end it's the NRA's decision what they want to do but not saying anything and lyeing low seems a bit rude to them and the longer the nra waits the worse they get bashed by everyone. Its hard to own guns here in ny without getting the third degree. What should we the gun owner do in the mean time?
If the NRA comments now, it WILL be used against them in some way. The gun grabbers are begging for them to comment so they can fuel their PR campaign to take away guns. After all, if tragedies like this aren't the fault of guns somehow, then that would mean that a person is accountable and responsible for their actions - and this goes against everything they've been told and believe in.

I wish I could find the article I just read today about the NRA's lack of comment, but basically it said they really don't need to be in the public eye right now. It is more important that they be in the public eye when legislation is being drafted, introduced, and debated in Congress.

JEFFXL12
12-18-2012, 06:27 AM
I probably will get some hate for this but I don't care. i am a member of the NRA, i have had them blocked from calling my house ever since the republican primaries. I called them, gave my member number and everything. I asked one question. "Who is the NRA supporting, Romney or Ron Paul." (You can tell everyone else backed out by then except RP) I got basically the same response as everyone else. "We don't have a comment at this time, due to the fact that we will not get into politics until after the nomination is announced." So, i asked for each of their ratings. "Sir, Ron Paul has an A while Governor Romney has a B." It was obvious who they were supporting at the time with the title of their names. I almost lost it but stayed calm. I asked, "Why would the NRA put Romney at a B? He signed a bill banning a lot of guns in Massachusetts? "She said," Sir, Governor Romney didn't ban the guns. They were banned before he came into office." I said you're correct, he signed the ban permanently after he got in office. Your facts are half correct. " IMO, the NRA doesn't care about our rights. All they care about is how much money they can make off our blood, sweat and tears, while calling us 3-5 times a week asking for money. If they stopped printing worthless material and mailing them out all the time. They would have the money to fight bills and other gun related issues.

I have been saying it since this horrible incident happened. The media jumped right on this as it happened. What ever happened to the days of an interruption of your local programing to give a "BREAKING NEWS REPORT", then stay on for no more than 15 minutes and tell the audience that more "BREAKING NEWS" will be reported as facts and details come in. Nope 7-9 hours of the same thing. They showed the same thing over and over. Several different FACTS coming out. I have always thought, give the parents, and community time to heal and bury them. They weren't even cold yet. While I am on this subject. To all of the people I sub to on youtube. Shame on you for those of you who monatized your video on this subject. If you want to block me go ahead my channel name is the same as this one.

While I got this open and we are discussing the NRA. Does anyone ever ask these NRA callers where they are calling from? Give it a try. I did and I was furious. I asked where were they calling me from? I never would of guessed what this guys reply was, "CALIFORNIA". Now, I asked a couple gun related issues of mine. He couldn't answer a single question. Then I said, it sounds like you're in a wharehouse making several calls with 100s of people. Silence, ummmmm yes it is. So I replied don't call me again unless I can talk to someone that is from the NRA and can answer my questions. The NRA outsources these jobs to the lowest of the lows. I wouldn't be surprised if you all recieve a call from India the next time the NRA calls you.

I hope I don't get kicked off of here. Tom has said this was our channel. I love all the rights our fore fathers gave us. I will protect these rights to the best of my ability. If you disagree with me leave a response or send me a message in my in box on youtube or leave a comment.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to read this.

Jeff

GlassWolf
12-18-2012, 09:02 AM
If they really wanted to support a good candidate, they'd have backed Gary Johnson, Libertarian. He was on the ticket in all 50 states, too, and received 1% of the National vote.

JEFFXL12
12-18-2012, 09:06 AM
If they really wanted to support a good candidate, they'd have backed Gary Johnson, Libertarian. He was on the ticket in all 50 states, too, and received 1% of the National vote.

You're exactly right. But they should of came out before that. Or just make a video comparing Romney and Paul