PDA

View Full Version : Florida Concealed Carry permit for non resident

yankeethunter
12-07-2012, 09:39 PM
I live in NJ. Ok, OK, stop laughing . I recently found out that i could apply for a Florida no resident concealed Carry permit. This permit is excepted in 30 others states beside florida . Even though NJ does not allow me to carry or even a NRA instructor to carry this permits is available to me if I so decide.
My Question is : Does Tom or anybody aware of this permit or have any info that states this is not just a money scam?

MP Gunther
12-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Hmmm, I know a lot of states have reciprocity laws and I guess a non-resident permit as long as you pass the background check is possible. There is a place in Nevada (Frontsite) that also advertises a course for the same thing but, of course you know it means nothing in N.J. Arizona doesn't even require a permit to carry concealed anymore!

norahc
12-07-2012, 09:55 PM
I'd suggest you spend a few hours reading through www.handgunlaw.us (http://www.handgunlaw.us) - it has a ton of information about concealed carry permits. But to answer the OP's original question, no, the permit is NOT a scam. It is legit.

The best part is that the Florida permit used to be signed by their Secretary of Agriculture - Charles Bronson. ;)

yankeethunter
12-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Norach :
I wanted to thank you for the link re: handguns, it was perfect.
you just gotta love the web.
THANKS

norahc
12-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Norach :
I wanted to thank you for the link re: handguns, it was perfect.
you just gotta love the web.
THANKS
You're welcome, and I'm glad it answered your question.

blindshooter
12-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Shhh don't let those anti gun folks know our secret lol

norahc
12-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Shhh don't let those anti gun folks know our secret lol
What secret?

I have selective amnesia...it's how I got my security clearance in the military.;)

blindshooter
12-15-2012, 02:01 PM
The secret of being able to own an FL permit and not have to liv there yet still get all the perks that come with it. We all know that if the anti gun folks get wind of this their going to find some way takeing it from us. The less those idiots know the better it is for all of us

Grasshopper
02-13-2013, 12:58 PM
If you are a veteran, you don't even have to take a FL approved class. just send in a copy of your DD214 with the permit application and fees. Resident or not...
Utah is another good state to get.

Upon further research, My liberal communist state doesn't honor FL's permit so I can't even apply. Bummer.

norahc
02-14-2013, 06:34 PM
If you are a veteran, you don't even have to take a FL approved class. just send in a copy of your DD214 with the permit application and fees. Resident or not...
Utah is another good state to get.

Upon further research, My liberal communist state doesn't honor FL's permit so I can't even apply. Bummer.
IIRC, I think I sent Florida a copy of my Hunter's Safety Course that I completed when I was 14, and they took it.

And you can still get a FL non-res for use in other states. Most states frown on their own residents using a non-res permit in the state they live in.

blindshooter
02-15-2013, 06:56 PM
I was looking into the exact same permit this week. I live in NYC and much like jersey there's one big thing they didn't put in the document about the licence. It is that even though you have the permit it isn't valid in certain states even though the FL law says it is. Like I stated before I was going to get it thinking that it would be the one way I could get around the red tape here in nyc. I was all set to go take the course untill the range officer said that even though FL says it's good for NYS the great folks here in NY don't allow CCW unless you get the permit for ny and to get it you have to be either a cop or security guard. It's another one of those catch 22's you can get the FL permit but NJ like NY doesn't allow you to conseal carry unless you get the permit straight from the state it self. Sorry that I had to be the one to give you the bad news.