PDA

View Full Version : LCP - the perfect pocket pistol?

TheTacDaddy
11-16-2012, 05:47 AM
http://youtu.be/XCIYHpfSHak

GlassWolf
11-16-2012, 08:34 AM
I would personally say no, simply because I'd rather have something in at least 9x19mm, so the LC9 would be more of my choice. I'd also want somd trigger work done on it, since the trigger on the LC9 is pretty lousy. That's just personal taste, though.

TheTacDaddy
11-17-2012, 07:11 AM
My brother carries an LC9. But if you are talking about the topic, I would not put an lc9 in my pocket! Rather go glock 27 IWB, again, agreed, all personal taste!

Gunnr
11-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Myself I'd just wear a pair of cargo pants and drop my Sig, S&W or Sccy in one of those pockets. Problem solved... hahahahahahaha.........(just a joke) but it would work.

GlassWolf
11-18-2012, 07:44 AM
It would bang the snot out of your knees, though. I've carried havy or bulky items in cargo pants pockets before, and it's a miserable experience for the most part. You do make me wonder about the idea of sewing an elastic type holster into the cargo pocket, though, similar to a belly band holster, only to hold the gun upright and in place within the large pocket. That may work pretty well. Affix the 'holster' material to the innermost panel of the pocket, so the gun rests against your thigh, and not at the bottom of the pocket, swinging around.

TheTacDaddy
11-29-2012, 09:50 AM
It would bang the snot out of your knees, though. I've carried havy or bulky items in cargo pants pockets before, and it's a miserable experience for the most part. You do make me wonder about the idea of sewing an elastic type holster into the cargo pocket, though, similar to a belly band holster, only to hold the gun upright and in place within the large pocket. That may work pretty well. Affix the 'holster' material to the innermost panel of the pocket, so the gun rests against your thigh, and not at the bottom of the pocket, swinging around.

that is a great design idea.....you should approach a company and get it done! I'd be glad to assist in any way, again, a GREAT idea!

Tux
12-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Ruger Super RedHawk....now there is a pocket pistol. :D

Seriously though, I've got a Keltec P-11. Just a little bigger than the LCP, but not much, plus it is a 9mm. I've carried the P11 in an ankle holster and forget I even had it on.

A cargo pocket holster is a great idea. Especially if you had two slits in the inside of the cargo pocket and could loop a band around your thigh to keep it from flopping.

TheTacDaddy
12-07-2012, 01:29 PM
I hear KelTec has reliability issues? Saw Yankee Marshall commenting on their quality control practices....I want to visit them near Orlando one day to find out for myself. Greg prices too. And that .380 is a short 9 so to speak, I'm cool with the stopping power issue.