PDA

View Full Version : CCW Stories

T9GEAR
11-15-2012, 03:37 PM
Do any of you guys have CCW stories, or maybe incidents and situations were you thought; Man I'm glad I was carrying.

Post them here

1911GunSlinger
11-15-2012, 07:00 PM
You bet!! Long story short, i had a hungry cat that kept Btch N at 11;00 pm. Headed to Walmart with my truck so had to park pretty darn far from the store. As i was walking back to my truck with cat food in one hand i noticed a guy standing next to my rig. I have remote start on my truck so i started it to see if he would move along and he didn't. When i reached my truck he demanded i give him money. I said to him ( Not Today) and so he pulled a knife on me. At this moment i was waiting for him to make a move, and he didn't. So to deescalate the situation i pulled up my shirt exposing my 1911. Just as quick as he pulled the knife on me it was over, As he walked away he said have a nice day. The entire time i kept a clear head, calm, and collected, ready for anything the situation might bring. My number one priority was to deescalate the situation and in my case it worked. I was extremely lucky!! The last thing i wanted to do is kill a person and have to deal with cops at midnight!!!

T9GEAR
11-15-2012, 10:01 PM
You bet!! Long story short, i had a hungry cat that kept Btch N at 11;00 pm. Headed to Walmart with my truck so had to park pretty darn far from the store. As i was walking back to my truck with cat food in one hand i noticed a guy standing next to my rig. I have remote start on my truck so i started it to see if he would move along and he didn't. When i reached my truck he demanded i give him money. I said to him ( Not Today) and so he pulled a knife on me. At this moment i was waiting for him to make a move, and he didn't. So to deescalate the situation i pulled up my shirt exposing my 1911. Just as quick as he pulled the knife on me it was over, As he walked away he said have a nice day. The entire time i kept a clear head, calm, and collected, ready for anything the situation might bring. My number one priority was to deescalate the situation and in my case it worked. I was extremely lucky!! The last thing i wanted to do is kill a person and have to deal with cops at midnight!!!

Glad your safe and a great story. Well the word great might not fit too well lol. You are a brave man thou. A man with a knife in hand, i would've definitetly drew my weapon.
For those who dont carry, this wouldve turned out different

Iwap_Evile
11-16-2012, 05:39 PM
I almost pulled my weapon to shoot the tv on election night 2012

norahc
11-16-2012, 06:54 PM
I almost pulled my weapon to shoot the tv on election night 2012
Same here, but I was in the waiting room of the ER, and didn't think it would look good.