PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Sandy & The Goverment

WeaponsEducation
11-02-2012, 07:06 PM
I am really upset over the way the Goverment is handling this situation. I will do a dramatic video soon. I will start a "Prepper series of videos soon. What do you think?

norahc
11-02-2012, 08:13 PM
I think President Ronald Reagan said it best.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help'

I have yet to see ANY, and I mean ANY, government program or agency do the job it was supposed to do without considerable waste, inefficiency, or mismanagement. I've worked in every level of government (city, county, state, and federal) and it is the same across the board. The everyday employees tend to want to do the right thing, but somebody somewhere decided that "regulations" can solve any problem, and it prevents them from actually doing what they are supposed to be doing.

T9GEAR
11-02-2012, 10:41 PM
I am really upset over the way the Goverment is handling this situation. I will do a dramatic video soon. I will start a "Prepper series of videos soon. What do you think?

Tom I think its a great idea to make a video on how the government is handling this HOWEVER, i am really ticked off at the sheeple that didn't heed the warning and leave the area and now are crying for help. Only after 1 day they are out of food and blaming everyone else instead of taking care of business.
However, please make a video so people NEXT time can take care and prepare for the worst

norahc
11-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Tom I think its a great idea to make a video on how the government is handling this HOWEVER, i am really ticked off at the sheeple that didn't heed the warning and leave the area and now are crying for help. Only after 1 day they are out of food and blaming everyone else instead of taking care of business.
However, please make a video so people NEXT time can take care and prepare for the worst
Somehow, I think the people that watch Tom's videos wouldn't be the type of people you are describing. After all, his viewers are intelligent enough to want to take care of themselves instead of expecting the government to do it for them.

Also, if people didn't learn their lesson after Katrina, I highly doubt they're ever going to learn it.

blindshooter
11-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Your right people should have left when they had the chance. However unless you liv in NY your not going to understand completely why some folks didn't leave. Here in NYC we tend to get told about once a year that a storm is comeing and we should evacuate to a safer place. However nine times out of ten the weather report is wrong and we don't get hit with anything and the few times we do see bad weather it's never as bad as they said it would be. In fact in the summer of 2011 we had another hurricane called Irene! just like sandy we were all told it was going to be bad and to head to higher ground and nothing happend. So I think alot of people didn't listen this time is because they all assumed it was going to be another dud.

blindshooter
11-03-2012, 06:55 PM
THANK YOU! Those of us in NY don't ask for help from the goverment we fix thing's on our own. The only thing we ask for is for the power company to turn the light's back on and for the transit authority to pump the water out of the tunnels so our trains can run again.

MP Gunther
11-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Great idea Tom, I think there are more and more people getting interested in that. NOBODY should wait on help from the government in time of crises...they wold have to find a way out of the paper bag first

Iwap_Evile
11-04-2012, 07:06 AM
People knew for almost a week that the storm was coming and they were out of food the next day after the storm and asking where's my government assistance? It makes know sense

blindshooter
11-04-2012, 08:01 AM
I can't speak for those in the hardest hit areas but those of us in Manhattan stocked up 48hrs in advance! Granted we bought nothing but cookies chips beer candels and batteries but we stocked up lol. But again when they tell us that a storm is comeing they always put a bunch of hype on it and it ends up being nothing. So that's one of the reason's no one in the hardest hit areas got ready. The other reason they're all asking where the goverment is is due to the fact that they're either rich stuck up snobs our in low income houseing and expect thing's to be handed to them. I know it's wrong but to say but that's what it is.

T9GEAR
11-04-2012, 04:51 PM
And not all New York wasnt prepping well. There were plenty of smart prepared people who have done their best. I'm just talking about a select few that just went crazy blaming everyone but them.

TheTacDaddy
11-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Great idea, but beware that said govt will be targeting preppers in the future!

blindshooter
11-04-2012, 07:49 PM
It's funny how they all want help now! What people here in new york need to do is stop waiting for help to come to them and start helping one another. Someone posted a video on YouTube today wanting to know why they don't have any assistance from the city/goverment. If they really want thing's back to normal they need to start working together to rebuild. Look back at when this country was first founded when homes and towns were lost there was no help from the goverment they just rebuilt on their own wich is what needs to start happening here

norahc
11-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Great idea, but beware that said govt will be targeting preppers in the future!
Yeah, that thought crossed my mind to. Time to go back into the closet as a prepper.