PDA

View Full Version : Would you feel safe in New York this week!?!?!

TheTacDaddy
10-29-2012, 06:49 AM
With all of the unknowns about Sandy and the effects thereof, I have to wonder out loud, "would I truly feel like I could protect myself and my family in a shitty situation if I lived in a state that did not allow responsible gun ownership and or concealed carry?" I say NO. I hope that many there have the smarts to act for themselves, regardless of a silly law...... Thoughts?!.!

blindshooter
10-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Hey
I'm going to have to disagree with you! I liv in Manhattan and for the most part it was pretty safe. I can see your point of how you might be scared of what might happen but you can't liv in fear! As far as I know we only had one case of looting and it was in a part of brooklyn that most ppl consider to be a dump and the looters didn't even get away the NYPD and national guard caught them in the act. Other then that nothing happend everytime you turned around there was a squad car either next to you or a few feet behind makeing sure nothing went down. As for the gun laws here yeah your right they SUCK!!! we are allowed to own guns but only in our homes unless your a security guard cop or member of the military then you can conseal carry. I myself own three and thankfully haven't had to use them in self defense but had I lost power yesterday and looters tried to break in they might not liked the welcome they would have gotten.
The NYPD did a good job of keeping us all safe! If you liv in NYC do you disagree?

funkymonkey1111
10-31-2012, 07:49 AM
Hey
I'm going to have to disagree with you! I liv in Manhattan and for the most part it was pretty safe. I can see your point of how you might be scared of what might happen but you can't liv in fear! As far as I know we only had one case of looting and it was in a part of brooklyn that most ppl consider to be a dump and the looters didn't even get away the NYPD and national guard caught them in the act. Other then that nothing happend everytime you turned around there was a squad car either next to you or a few feet behind makeing sure nothing went down. As for the gun laws here yeah your right they SUCK!!! we are allowed to own guns but only in our homes unless your a security guard cop or member of the military then you can conseal carry. I myself own three and thankfully haven't had to use them in self defense but had I lost power yesterday and looters tried to break in they might not liked the welcome they would have gotten.
The NYPD did a good job of keeping us all safe! If you liv in NYC do you disagree?

this, my friends, is the unfortunate voice of acquiescence

TheTacDaddy
10-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Well said..... This is the way it is so I'm cool with it is all too popular these days....

blindshooter
10-31-2012, 06:25 PM
Acquiescence??? I'm going to assume you don't agree with what I said

MP Gunther
11-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Aren't people pulling out firearms just waiting for gas for 6 hours? Maybe it's just Right Wing propaganda?

blindshooter
11-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Yes someone did get a gun pointed at them! It was due to the fact that he try'd to skip in front of someone in line at the gas station who was waiting there for over 2hrs. However from what I've heard the gun was illegal and the person who pulled it out was quickly arrested by police. I don't approve of what the guy did but with all that has happend in this state over the past few days it wasn't a suprise that someone would use a gun because they were angry! I'm sure that if this hurricane happend in any other state the same thing would have gone down if a person cut in line of ppl who had waited 2hrs for gas.

funkymonkey1111
12-14-2012, 10:35 AM
I wonder if this guy thinks the NY fuzz are there to protect him?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/16/apnewsbreak-no-charges-in-atf-agent-death-in-ny/

GlassWolf
12-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Personally, I wouldn't feel safe in NYC on ANY weekend, or week day.

Tux
12-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Personally, I wouldn't feel safe in NYC on ANY weekend, or week day.

ditto.....