PDA

View Full Version : Auto- Ordinance Thompson

Gunnr
10-24-2012, 08:56 PM
We all know Tom has one and loves it. Would you own a "Tommy gun"?

Gunnr
07-29-2013, 03:02 PM
I just got the new catalog and this year they offer the SBR rifles in semiauto from the factory. This is the old 1928 look but it's brand new and doesnt have a 25,000.00 price tag being they are semi auto. Just need the tax stamp for SBR and it's good to go. This has peaked my intrest. Tom, if you see this post you should check them out and let me know what you think. They have the front pistol grip and a carbine model (military type) w/o the flash supressor and horizontal front hand grip. I'm still lovin' the "Tommy gun" and this may be my way to be able to afford one.

norahc
07-29-2013, 05:05 PM
I did own one at one time, but circumstances forced me to pawn it. It is the one gun I regret getting rid of.

Weighed a ton when fully loaded, but walking up to the line with a 32 round stick mag and doing a mag dump was a pretty fast way to clear the line at the range. After the first mag, I usually had the range to myself.

Gunnr
07-29-2013, 06:02 PM
I did own one at one time, but circumstances forced me to pawn it. It is the one gun I regret getting rid of.

Weighed a ton when fully loaded, but walking up to the line with a 32 round stick mag and doing a mag dump was a pretty fast way to clear the line at the range. After the first mag, I usually had the range to myself. Sounds like a great time at the range man. Did you have the SBR with 10 1/2 in. bbl? They look so cool. I had a couple of chances to buy the 1927A-1 with the long bbl. but it just didn't seem right but the short barrels look as good as they shoot.

norahc
07-29-2013, 06:30 PM
No, I didn't have the SBR version.