PDA

View Full Version : Should those who own guns illegally have right's

blindshooter
10-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Should those who own guns illegally have the same rights as us law biteing citizens?
The reason I'm starting this discussion is because of the recent shooting's of two NY police officers within the past 48hrs. Yesterday a cop was shot and killed when he did a traffic stop on a man who was a convicted felon out on paroll and tonight another cop was shot while off-duty. In both case's the guns used were illegal! In the first situation the criminal was caught and gets to have a fair trial and if the one from tonight shooting is caught he'll get one to. So do you think they should get a fair trial or should the cops just give'em the death penalty?

norahc
10-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Fair trial, always. When you end up in a society where the police are the judge, jury, and executioners, absolutely nobody is safe, and you have no rights.

Gunnr
10-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Everyone even ex cons are innocent untill proven guilty. Then when sentenced they know they earned the needle. Which they should get without appeals. The criminal gets a right to a speedy trial and we the people should get the right of a speedy time saving cost affective end to the tax burden sitting in a cage.

norahc
10-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Everyone even ex cons are innocent untill proven guilty. Then when sentenced they know they earned the needle. Which they should get without appeals. The criminal gets a right to a speedy trial and we the people should get the right of a speedy time saving cost affective end to the tax burden sitting in a cage.
I would rather see an approach of "You only get one appeal, so make it a good one."

GlassWolf
10-24-2012, 09:28 PM
We are a nation built on law. I do believe in our justice system, even if it isn't anywhere near perfect. That said, I also don't think that laws banning things like firearms are effective. All they do is keep guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens, while allowing the criminals, who will get guns all the same, illegally, to victimize those citizens without fear of self defense.

MP Gunther
11-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Remember the Tucson shooting, Colorado theater shooting? Sure the criminally insane will be taken care of by us law abiding taxpayers.

blindshooter
11-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Exactly!!! We all know that once he stands trial he'll either be put in jail or the nut house both of wich intitle him to 3hot meal's a day a warm bed and atleast 1hr in a yard or game room all of wich are paid for by us. We all know he's guilty so why waste everyone's time with a trial? The cost of keeping him and others alike in prison is in the high thousands even million's! I have a great idea that not only free's up the justice system but also is cost effective. Put a 9mm round in they're head and throw them in the ocean and let the sharks take care of the rest.