PDA

View Full Version : The price is NOT right

blindshooter
10-22-2012, 06:34 PM
The price of guns is always climbing? I understand that the more money you pay for a gun the better quality you expect to get out of it. But do they really need to cost so much? I love guns and enjoy shooting but it seems like recently if you want to buy a firearm you have to either have a good paying job or save your cash for a few month's! Does anyone besides myself think that there should be one set price for every caliber (e.g) every .45 cost $600 and every AR-15 cost $1500?

SBD
10-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Is that last question serious?

Price/wage controls don't work. They distort the market and either cause rationing, or make things unattainable.

Guns are expensive....but unlike most items, there are very few bad guns out there. How many times have you bought an appliance that was cheap and failed in a year? Or a piece of electronics, or.....any number of things?

Hell, i wish they made more things like they did guns. They last, are built very well, and when you think about it....are a bargain!

Plus, there are so many options out there, the consumer can choose which level of quality he wants. And like I said, there are very few guns I'd consider 'bad'.

Taking away options (which is exactly what price controls do) do NOT help the consumer.

GlassWolf
10-22-2012, 07:53 PM
gun prices always go through the roof, like ammo prices, near an election. wait till around April or May.. they'll come back down some.

WeaponsEducation
10-22-2012, 07:56 PM
I think ammo is going up...Just my opinion, no matter who wins...

Iwap_Evile
10-22-2012, 07:59 PM
I stocked up on ammo at the last gun show. 2000 rounds of 9mm, 1000 rounds of 45 acp and 1000 rounds of .556

E1kinobi
10-23-2012, 05:38 AM
Im not sure about pricing gun per their caliber. I believe quality dictates the prices of these items. There is no way a Wilson Combat 45 should be priced same as a Khar P45, not that Im putting khars down but the quality of the materials used between the two firearms are very much distinguishable. But i do agree that prices of guns and even ammunition is pricing many enthusiast out of enjoying the hobby/ sport or for personal defense.

Gunnr
10-23-2012, 03:58 PM
You cant worry about gun prices and calibers to differentiate them. Guns come from many makers some are imported some are assemally line some are custom made so prices will vary alot. With any gun you get what you pay for and you just have to deal with it. Remember even in a growing economy prices wont drop BUT people will be making more take home pay so the hit will hurt less.

blindshooter
10-24-2012, 09:13 AM
I wish I could buy that much ammo! With all that's happend this year if you try to buy that much ammo here in NYC you have a good chance of looking suspicious to the cops

blindshooter
10-24-2012, 09:21 AM
You made a good point they need to make more thing's like they do guns. they don't make stuff built to last like they use to in the old day's. However when it comes to gun price's you have to remember depending on the state you live in determins the cost of your guns. For example what cost $250 down south will run you about $500 here in NY

norahc
10-24-2012, 12:19 PM
I wish I could buy that much ammo! With all that's happend this year if you try to buy that much ammo here in NYC you have a good chance of looking suspicious to the cops
So buy a box or two every payday. Eventually, you will get to the point that you will be stockpiled.

kingoftow
10-24-2012, 02:42 PM
I concur...not too many things are built as well as guns are...(probably because they are capable of potentially saving your life)...but wouldn't it be good if manufacturers of other products copied gun makers work ethic and produced merchandise that held up and in the case of food items, were not substandard (check out the big peanut butter recall currently ensueing)...

Gunnr
10-24-2012, 09:53 PM
You made a good point they need to make more thing's like they do guns. they don't make stuff built to last like they use to in the old day's. However when it comes to gun price's you have to remember depending on the state you live in determins the cost of your guns. For example what cost $250 down south will run you about $500 here in NY
Bro, just buy a gun at the best price you can find in any state and have it shipped to your FFL. Then pay the transfer fee. I bought a Sig at a great price from Kentucky and Paid my FFL 15.00 to pick it up.

MP Gunther
10-28-2012, 05:13 PM
You also get what you can afford...I have both an H&K and a Hi-Point. They both work well for what they are intended to do.