PDA

View Full Version : The gun laws in my state ''SUCK''

blindshooter
10-08-2012, 06:55 PM
The gun laws in my state suck! I liv in NYC and thanks to mayor bloomberg it's nearly impossible to get your permit. In order to get your license in the state of ny you have to literally have friends or family fill out a mound of paper work that takes half a day to fill out. Not to mention you need to have one person who is willing to take your guns in the event something happens to you and three other friends to have the police call and make sure that they know your not insane and that's just to get the license if they approve you. If and when you do get your license you only have 30day's to get the gun and 72hrs from the time of purchase to go and register it at police HQ. Now if you want another firearm you have to get a form called a purchase authorazation wich you have to fill in what caliber make and model the gun is and wait 4-8 weeks to see if your approved. It might just be me but I think this process sucks! what are the laws like where you live ?

GlassWolf
10-09-2012, 06:51 AM
I'n in SC. I walk into a gun store (of which we have MANY) hand them money, fill out one form, which takes a minute to do, let them run an instant NCIC check (30 seconds) get my shiny new gun, and walk out the door.
With a $200 tax stamp, I can also buy suppressors and SBRs and the like, and have no regulation for carrying an expandable baton, taser, or chemical deterrents.

God, I do love the South.

norahc
10-09-2012, 07:53 AM
I live in a very left leaning liberal state in the Pacific Northwest, and our process is pretty similar to GlassWolf's. Go in, pay my money, wait on the NCIC check and walk out with my gun. What's really weird about this state (for as liberal as it is) is that they've had shall issue permits longer than Florida has had, and allow open carry.

blindshooter
10-09-2012, 08:51 AM
I'n in SC. I walk into a gun store (of which we have MANY) hand them money, fill out one form, which takes a minute to do, let them run an instant NCIC check (30 seconds) get my shiny new gun, and walk out the door.
With a $200 tax stamp, I can also buy suppressors and SBRs and the like, and have no regulation for carrying an expandable baton, taser, or chemical deterrents.

God, I do love the South.

Your lucky if we want to own any of that stuff we have to go out to PA and have friends who live there buy us what we want and than try and sneak it in to NY wich is hard to do. I can't believe you can buy a gun for $200! for that much money I'd be lucky if I could buy a used .22 that still works. They say the south shall rise again. Hurry up and rise my way lol

GlassWolf
10-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Correction, I can pay $200 for the tax stamp, which allows me to purchase an SBR (short barreled rifle) or suppressor/silencer.
I could, of course, buy some crappy gun like a Kel-Tel .380 for about $200 new, but gun prices don't vary that much state to state. I'm still looking at around a grand for an H&K P30, for example, unless I buy used, or from the Internet on GB or ArmsList and such.

On an ammusing side note, while SC is a shall state, it does not allow open carry in any form, unless you're LE, security OTJ, etc.

MP Gunther
10-12-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm from Chicago originally, not much different then NYC. Moved to Phoenix Arizona and never looked back.

"Whether or not you are violent, if you live in Cook County, Illinois (Chicago) you are set to be the subject of a new “Violence Tax.” Cook County Board President, Toni Preckwinkle, recently floated the proposal for a Violence Tax. This new and unwarranted tax seeks to target the sale of guns and ammunition sold in the City of Chicago and its suburbs"