PDA

View Full Version : Lets see your "J" frame size revolvers

MJ45
10-03-2012, 07:39 AM
I have been carrying semi's for a while now and I think it's time for a revolver. I have a few ideas, but I'm not quite sure what I want. Post a picture or just tell about it. It doesn't have to be a Smith. It can be any make. Explain why you like it and how you carry it. Thanks!

Curnutte
10-03-2012, 11:26 AM
My EDC is this Ruger SP101 in .357 magnum. I replaced the factory grips with these Hogue tulipwood grips and I carry it in a Galco combat master holster. I like it because it's just a great gun: tough as nails, completely reliable (has never even thought about a malfunction), deadly accurate, and small enough to carry very comfortably. It's also heavy enough that the recoil is perfectly manageable.

MJ45
10-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks Curnutte! The SP101 is at the top of my list! Love those grips! keepum coming guys.

MJ45
10-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Come on guys! I know there are more of you who carry revolvers!

silverbulletzx3
10-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Once I put a Ruger LCR .38spc +P in jail (as we call the idiotic 10 day wait in California) I will take pics of it!

Luckily the range I am buying it from not only has it at a great price...I can shoot it at their range during the waiting period. Numbs the pain of waiting haha.

Already rented one and put a few hundred through it. Once you can figure out and manage the recoil with this featherweight revolver (I believe 13.5 oz) it is a sexy little snubby :) Amazing trigger. Even if you have no intention of buying one...go fondle one at a local gun store and see if you can get permission to dry fire it. Great staging and clean the whole way.

MJ45
10-05-2012, 07:00 PM
One of my buddies has one of those. I have wanted to shoot it for a while, but haven't had the chance. I have heard that they have a great trigger also. Did you look at the .357 version also? What made you decide with the 38 spc? That's funny about having to put it in jail :D! Haven't heard it put that way before!

TheM4Maniac
10-08-2012, 04:08 PM
I just bought a SW 642 today. I love it. I will post a few pics later. Any suggestions on a good holster would be very helpful.

MJ45
10-09-2012, 11:53 AM
If you want to pocket carry it, I've heard Alabama gun holsters are great. Comp Tac is another good one for IWB.