PDA

View Full Version : Recoil reducing stock

spmc1977
10-02-2012, 05:20 PM
I just purchased a Remington 870 Express Tactical and I am planning on putting an adjustable stock on it and I saw on the web about the SpecOps Adjustable Stock. Has anyone tried one of these out? It says they reduce recoil. Is the recoil reduction worth the price of the stock? Meaning is the reduction of recoil significant or minor? Thanks for the help

1911GunSlinger
10-02-2012, 05:33 PM
I don't have that set up, but i was fortunate as to shoot my buddy's witch had the specops stock and i can tell you it felt a whole lot softer hitting on the shoulder then my stock m4. Worth the money, I would say yes. Just for the fact that its also adjustable.

spmc1977
10-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the help

Fieldstone
10-03-2012, 07:18 PM
I just purchased a Remington 870 Express Tactical and I am planning on putting an adjustable stock on it and I saw on the web about the SpecOps Adjustable Stock. Has anyone tried one of these out? It says they reduce recoil. Is the recoil reduction worth the price of the stock? Meaning is the reduction of recoil significant or minor? Thanks for the help
I dont wanna sound rude or anything but why does everyone want to reduce the recoil on their guns?Are people getting soft nowadays?That recoil is all part of the fun.If you want less recoil i would suggest a smaller gun like a 20 gauge or a 410.

spmc1977
10-04-2012, 06:48 PM
i grew up with the 12 gauge. i love to shoot regularly and this will not be just sitting around like most long guns/shotguns collecting dust like in many homes. if i can be comfortable with shooting dozens of shells with a stock that reduces recoil im all for it. im not as young as i use to be but im not old either. same goes with my glock 23 i love the gun and caliber but due to my bad wrist i can only shoot up to 100 rounds at a time. isnt accessories for guns mostly for convenience and comfort anyways? hogue grips help (a little) with recoil, buffers, stainless steel guide rods, the lighter loads compared to heavier loads, shooting gloves, the list goes on. i am not a "billy badass" just a gun lover. and this will be for home defense and everyone knows reduced recoil also means getting your sights on the target faster and usually better accuracy.