PDA

View Full Version : Hello from south central Ohio

Curnutte
10-02-2012, 07:13 AM
My name is Bill and I live in Portsmouth, Ohio. Portsmouth is 90 miles south of Columbus on the Ohio River. This area is in the foothills of Appalachia, so that makes me a hillBilly. I have been into original and custom made muzzleloaders since the mid 70s. Own a .32 caliber flintlock, .40 caliber flintlock, and .45 caliber caplock. These are all Kentucky long rifles. Recently I got into handguns under the mentorship of a police officer friend of mine. He started me with a Glock 22, his service pistol. But I'm turning into a Ruger nut with a SP101 revolver in .357 magnum, a GP100 revolver in .357 magnum, and a SR40c pistol in .40 caliber. The next gun on my wish list is a Ruger 1911. My wife isn't particularly into guns, although she will go to the range with us and sit in the shade and read while we shoot. My youngest daughter loves to shoot, however, and she is scary good. Can put a 5 shot group of .357 out of the SP101 in 2 to 3 inches at 10 yards everytime.

The next thing I'd like to do is get involved in practical shooting. I'd love to find an IDPA or USPSA range close to here that I could go to once or twice a month, improve my skills, make new shooting friends, and burn up some ammo.