PDA

View Full Version : Any other Hi Point shooters?

EncounterZero
10-01-2012, 08:29 PM
I recently got a Hi Point .45 and I have to say it has proven alot of the rumors I had heard about them totally wrong. The only complaint I have about the gun is its so heavy to carry it feels like a brick on your hip but after carrying it for a few days I haven't noticed it as much. They shoot nice and have a comfortable grip (a little slippery due to no texture on the grip.) I fount the weight seems to keep the gun on point it kind of counter acts barrel rise and the trigger pull tention never changes from one round to the next. Let me hear your thoughts and idea for possible upgrades or customizing this cheap but decent gun.

Matt
10-02-2012, 11:02 AM
My uncle has a Hi point .40, he seems to like it. He put a new grip on it as soon as he bought it. With the new grip on it when it seemed like a good grip when I held it.

dhillie
10-02-2012, 11:41 AM
I heard that one of the biggest problems with the gun isn't the actual gun, but the magazine. I've never shot one, so I wouldn't know.

SBD
10-02-2012, 09:41 PM
I recently got a Hi Point .45 and I have to say it has proven alot of the rumors I had heard about them totally wrong. The only complaint I have about the gun is its so heavy to carry it feels like a brick on your hip but after carrying it for a few days I haven't noticed it as much. They shoot nice and have a comfortable grip (a little slippery due to no texture on the grip.) I fount the weight seems to keep the gun on point it kind of counter acts barrel rise and the trigger pull tention never changes from one round to the next. Let me hear your thoughts and idea for possible upgrades or customizing this cheap but decent gun.

What rumors have you heard?

I've always heard good things in regard to reliability/accuracy, and having shot one, it seemed to function fine.

While I dont think there are many positives to the gun, other than the price - its certainly better than your fingernails.

EncounterZero
10-04-2012, 01:14 PM
One of the largest I had heard of was there in accurate which i found to be wrong but the sites have something to be desired in changeable, the weight that is definitly confirmed the thing is a beast with weight, the magazine seems to have to be slamed in to make it stay but it seems to be getting better with use lastly they jam alot i cant confirm that cause I haven't fired enough rounds thru it one it heated up. When I bought it the guy told me he sells a ton of them cause people buy them and just store them in there trucks and places most people wouldn't leave a high dollar gun and there reliable and take a beating the only real issue he was aware of is when the gun is under heavy fire rate speed shooting they tend to stove pipe a round till the barrel cools. I have shot it a good bit and no jams its on target and i like the blow back feed on it it seems to stay on target nicely with the weight of the gun over all. I can say for the price you can't even come close to compairing it a big name like glock or sig but they are definitly worth there price in my opinion your not going to get a to much better gun for the money. the only real flaws i found are the sights cause the front on cant be changed the rear it came with the standard 2 post and a ghost ring which was nice they included with the gun and the grip need texture on it its like trying to hold on to a wet fish sometimes cause of how smooth the grip is other then that its a great gun.

EncounterZero
10-04-2012, 01:16 PM
My uncle has a Hi point .40, he seems to like it. He put a new grip on it as soon as he bought it. With the new grip on it when it seemed like a good grip when I held it.

where did he find the grips at? I haven't seen to many except the slide on ones.

EncounterZero
10-04-2012, 01:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvvurXmAmg

this is a video I found of a insane test. (honestly i dont think these guys should have guns doing this kinda shit)

Matt
10-09-2012, 05:39 PM
where did he find the grips at? I haven't seen to many except the slide on ones.
I'm not really sure where he found them. I'll probably be seeing him this weekend, I'll try to find that out.

EncounterZero
10-10-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm not really sure where he found them. I'll probably be seeing him this weekend, I'll try to find that out.

That would be great if you could get the info for me thanks in advance.