PDA

View Full Version : 1911 cocked and locked

Iwap_Evile
02-17-2015, 11:30 PM
as of late I have been carrying a Kimber Tactical pro inside the waste band. a few friends of mine think I'm crazy to carry a gun cocked and locked. I feel a 1911 cocked and locked is very safe. Safer then any striker fired as you have both a manual safety and grip safety. Don't get me wrong. I carry striker fired guns all the time and find them very safe. Keep your finger off the trigger of any of these guns and no boom. I just don't see why so many people that carry striker fired guns cocked think that a 1911 cocked and locked is unsafe. You have to get past the manual safety, grip safety and pull the trigger for it to fire. What are you opinions on this?

Gunnr
02-18-2015, 12:58 AM
I believe Kimbers are also series 80 guns (correct me if Im wrong) but that is also a drop safe gun. A bar that blocks the hammer unless the trigger is pressed to fire. The most important thing for us all to remember is that John Browning developed this gun to be carried one way and one way only, cocked and locked. I'm no genius but I know not a single person on this forum is smarter then John Browning and his gun design. If it was not safe he never would have produced the gun in the first place and if anyone thinks they are smarter then he was they're full of shit...:cool:

otasan56
02-19-2015, 06:21 AM
I think that C&L is perfectly safe.

Iwap_Evile
02-21-2015, 09:30 PM
Carrying with an empty chamber or hammer down on a loaded chamber seems far more dangerous to me as I would have to manipulate the slide or cock the hammer to have the gun ready to fire

Twomill
03-11-2015, 06:23 PM
Carrying with an empty chamber or hammer down on a loaded chamber seems far more dangerous to me as I would have to manipulate the slide or cock the hammer to have the gun ready to fire

That is why we practice, practice, practice! Not just the shooting part but the unholstering part too. If you don't practice, you are probably not doing anyone any favors by carrying.

NorCalChuck
03-23-2015, 04:35 PM
One wonders why folks still think this after more than 100 years of the 1911s existence.

Gunnr
03-23-2015, 07:43 PM
One wonders why folks still think this after more than 100 years of the 1911s existence.
Chuck, it's gunnr how are you? It's good to see you're back in the fold. This whole thing got me thinking the world is just too full of Glocktards and they don't want to learn anything about one of the first semi auto pistols and the longest lasting model ( perfection by J.M. Browning) to ever grace the planet. Yeah so they are over 100 years old as far as tecnology but like they say "if it ain't broke don't fix it".:cool:

otasan56
05-27-2015, 08:35 PM
C&L OK by me!