PDA

View Full Version : When do you ask for your gun back

blindshooter
12-11-2014, 10:09 AM
I recently bought a rifle from marlin and due to feeding issues I had to send it bay for repairs. They've had it for about two weeks now and when I called them yesterday I was told the gunsmith has it but he is backlogged. I fully understand that my gun is not the only one that would need to be fixed. However how long do you wait before you call and ask to have it sent back and have a gunsmith at your LGS look at it? Thanks for the help!

Gunnr
12-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Bro, If it's a warranty issue leave it there unless you have a certified (by Marlin) GS that you know and I would tell them I understand it's the holidays and they might be behind. Then ask them to send it to the certified GS in your hometown to do the work and thank them for trying. I'd give them 1 more week to begin before having it sent. If you ask for a return they might hit you up with fees for shipping and handling but they shouldn't if they transfer it to another shop for repairs that they can't get to in a timely fashion. Remain polite and friendly and it may work in your favor. Merry Christmas to you and yours brother. I hope it all comes out good and quickly for you....:cool: Oh if you're willing to pay for getting it back have them send it today...

blindshooter
12-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Thank you sir merry christmas and happy new year to you and yours as well.

MP Gunther
12-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Hi guys, I had to have my PPK worked on with a recall and it took almost 8 weeks, good thing it wasn't my only means of protection. I had e-mailed them a couple times and they were pretty accurate on their time line for the repair. Just sit it out, it's cold outside and it will be back before you know it. Merry Christmas guys.

Gunnr
12-13-2014, 01:59 AM
Hi guys, I had to have my PPK worked on with a recall and it took almost 8 weeks, good thing it wasn't my only means of protection. I had e-mailed them a couple times and they were pretty accurate on their time line for the repair. Just sit it out, it's cold outside and it will be back before you know it. Merry Christmas guys.
MP, brother Merry Christmas to you and yours. Have a safe and blessed holiday and may your new year be prosperous...:cool:

otasan56
07-31-2015, 12:26 PM
Glock worked on my G17 three years ago, and they had a quick three-day turnaround. I got a 3rd Gen G17 back for free.

MP Gunther
07-31-2015, 01:02 PM
THREE DAY TURNAROUND! I've never heard of such a thing...

harveyspecter
11-12-2017, 08:41 AM
How to choose the first rifle for begginer, it will help you https://www.dailyshooting.com/how-to-choose-the-first-rifle-for-beginner/